Attentive Mobile Inc. Cookie Notice
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND HOW ATTENTIVE USES THEM
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies enable Attentive to (i) recognize your computer or device; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages you have visited; (iv) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) offer you a more personalized experience (e.g., send Consumers personalized text messages such as shopping cart reminders); (vi) perform searches and analytics; and (vii) assist with security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files.
Attentive uses other tracking technologies that serve many of the same purposes as cookies. For ease of reference, we refer generally to all of these technologies as “Cookies” in this Notice. These technologies include: (i) web server logs, which are files where website activity is stored; (ii) SDKs, which are a set of tools and/or code that is embedded in our Clients’ websites and mobile applications to collect information about how Consumers interact with our Clients’ services, including communications that our Clients send to Consumers; (iii) tracking pixels (also referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs), which are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads, and/or email that are designed to: (a) collect usage information like ad impressions or clicks and email and/or text open rates; (b) measure popularity of the Service and associated advertising; and (c) access user cookies.
First-party Cookies are placed by Attentive (including through the use of third-party service providers) and are used to allow you to use the Website and its features and to assist in analytics activities.
Certain third parties may place their Cookies on your device and use them to recognize your device when you visit the Website and when you visit other websites or online services. These third parties collect and use this information pursuant to their own privacy policies. Third-party Cookies enable certain features or functionalities, and advertising, such as retargeting to be provided when you use the Website.
Attentive Cookies on Client’s Websites
At the request of its Clients, Attentive will place its Cookies on Client’s websites and mobile applications for personalization (e.g., send Consumers personalized text messages such as shopping cart reminders), optimization, reporting, attribution of email and text message campaigns and legal compliance (e.g., tracking consent to send emails and text messages). These cookies will collect device information, phone number, IP addresses, page view information, referrer URL and similar information.
Types of Cookies
Attentive uses the following types of first and third-party Cookies for these purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These Cookies are required for the Service to function properly. For instance, strictly necessary cookies are used for security and fraud prevention and administering the Service. You may use browser controls to block these cookies; however, if you do so, the Service may not function properly.
- Information Storage and Access: These Cookies allow Attentive to store and access information on your device, such as device identifiers.
- Measurement and Analytics: These Cookies collect data regarding your usage of and performance of the Service, including our Clients’ websites and mobile applications and measure the effectiveness of content and advertising. Attentive uses these Cookies for: (i) analytical purposes, such as improving user experiences and content and obtain insights across devices; (ii) to gather statistics and to develop new products, services and advertising; and (iii) to recognize users of the Services, including users of our Clients’ sites and mobile applications.
- Personalization Cookies: These Cookies allow Attentive to provide certain features for its Clients that allow Clients to determine if a Consumer is a first-time visitor, to cap message frequency, to remember choices (e.g., shopping cart reminders, time zone, preferences, language preferences), and to allow a Consumer’s device to receive and send information, so that Consumers can see and interact with ads and content. These cookies may also be used to select and deliver personalized content, such as personalized text messages (e.g., shopping cart reminders).
- Attentive may also use personalization cookies on its own website for purposes of advertising its own services, such as through retargeting advertising on third party platforms.
- Social Media Cookies: These Cookies are set by social media platforms on Attentive’s website to enable the platforms to deliver advertisements on Attentive’s behalf when you are using the social media platform. Social media platforms have the ability to track your activity when you are using their platforms. This may impact the content and messages you see on other services you visit.
We and third parties may associate Measurement And Analytics Cookies, Personalization Cookies, and Social Media Cookies with other information we have about you.
You can use the methods described below to manage Cookies. These choices must be made on each of your browsers or devices.
Browser Controls: Your browser settings may allow you to disable some Cookies. If you use multiple browsers on the same device, you will need to manage your settings for each browser. Instructions for how to change your settings in various browsers follow:
If the browser you use is not listed above, please refer to your browser’s help menu for information on how to manage Cookies. Please be aware that disabling cookies will not disable other analytics tools we may use to collect information about you or your use of our Services.
Analytics Provider Opt-Outs: To disable analytics Cookies you can use the browser controls discussed above or, for some of our providers, you can use their individual opt-out mechanisms:
Flash Technologies: You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website
Interest-Based Advertising: Most third-party advertisers offer a way to opt out of their interest-based advertising. For more information or to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating third-party advertisers, please visit:
- Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA’s) Consumer Opt-Out link
- TrustArc’s Advertising Choices Page.
You can also opt out of some of the advertising networks we use by visiting their opt-out pages:
Please note that the opt-out tools provided by these third parties are not controlled by Attentive and we are not responsible for their effectiveness. Also, after you opt out, you will still see advertisements, but they may not be as relevant to you. Specifically, if you disable or remove Cookies, some parts of the Servie may not function properly. Information may still be collected and used for other purposes, such as research, online services analytics or internal operations, and to remember your opt-out preferences.
Mobile Settings: You may manage the collection of information for interest-based advertising purposes in mobile apps via the device’s settings, including managing the collection of location data. To opt out of mobile ad tracking, you can do so by selecting the “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” (for Android devices) options in your device settings.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
For inquiries about this Cookies Notice, please contact us at [email protected].